The 2017 memorial will be held on September 30th at 10 AM on the memorial grounds at the fire academy. Honor Guards and uniformed personnel are requested to attend. This year two names will be added to the memorial. All emergency service personnel and the general public are welcome to attend.
The history of the memorial
This page will chronicle the efforts to propose and build the New Hampshire Fallen Firefighters Memorial.
- The bell that was recovered from a church in Gorham, NH and the journey it took in the years that followed.
- Groups such as The NH Corp of Fire Chaplains and the NH State Firemen’s Association and how they were instrumental in this project.
- A Call to Brotherhood, what it is, and how it was successful.
- Cooperation between State Government, Financial support from NH businesses and raw determination from NH’s fire service.
- On this page will be that story supported by photographs and video. We look forward to sharing our story with you.
September 10, 2006, was a comfortable sunny day with an occasional white fluffy cloud floating by, perfect weather for the dedication of the New Hampshire Fallen Firefighters Memorial. The service would be the culmination of almost a decade of planning and seven months of construction. Today we would honor those who have lost their lives in service to their communities and honor their families.
The dedication service was preceded by the annual New Hampshire State Fireman’s Association parade that would proceed from Sam’s Club south on Sheep Davis Road (NH Rt-106) to the Fire Academy grounds, home of the NH Fallen Firefighters Memorial. Fire apparatus, color guards, and marching firefighters from all over New Hampshire would march under the garrison flag suspended by two aerial ladders signifying the end of the parade and the beginning of the memorial service.
At 11:00am Paul Fortier Chief Berlin Fire Department (ret) serving as the moderator requested all to rise for the presentation of colors.
For a video of the building of the memorial please click here;
NH Fallen Firefighters Memorial – NH Firefighters laying bricks for walkway, planting flowers, and placing the NHFFM concrete sign in place. Amazing video. Thank you Patrick for the video.
Posted by New Hampshire State Firemen's Association on Tuesday, September 18, 2012