New Hampshire Automobile License Plates
- Decal plates are available through the NH DMV or your local office.
- Decals will be available 1/15/2018 through NHSFA.org only.
- All authorization for NH or retired firefighter decals will be through the Fire Chief of the department affiliation.
Starting January 15, 2018 NH firefighters and NH Retired Firefighters can purchase official decals from the NH Fallen Firefighters Memorial Committee. These are the ONLY decals recognized by the state to be placed on a NH Decal plate. For more information on the decal plates visit NHSFA.org/legislation to purchase the plates.
The decal plate must be purchased through your local DMV. Decals are purchased through the web site at NHSFA.org. All decals must be mailed to the Chief of the department in your official organization for disbursement. Only current or retired firefighters authorized by the Chief of the department are eligible for the firefighter or Retired Firefighter decal.
- Decals can only be placed on a Decal Plate. To transfer your existing passenger plate to a Decal Plate, please visit any of the DMV locations. To obtain a new Decal Plate, please visit your town or city clerk office.
- Decal Plates are available for a $15 fee per year in addition to the town and state registration fees. Decal Vanity Plates are also available for an additional $40 vanity plate fee. An additional $8.00 plate manufacturing fee is only required in the first year of purchase. Maximum of 5 letters or numbers are allowable on a decal plate. For generic plates all will have a Letter D first unless a vanity plate is chosen.
- Decals are NOT available at DMV locations.
- You may have to go to a NH DMV office for your Decal plate, not all town offices have Decal plates.
- Firefighter and or Retired Firefighter Decals (2) $35.00
- Annual Renewal fee $10.00
Purchases are online only . Master Card, Visa or American Express accepted . Please allow 10 days for processing. Decals will be mailed to the fire department Chief for delivery.
All proceeds from the sale of the “Decals” Will support the NH Fallen Firefighter Memorial.
Purchase Firefighter Decal Active or Retired please click the “buy now” button below.
For answers to common questions about the licenses plates see posts.
Note: When purchasing more than one set of decals you must use different email address as the system sees one email per purchase.
STOP! Before you purchase:
- You must check with your Fire Chief to be sure they will approve and participate in the distribution process.
- Be sure the mailing address of the fire department is correct. We are not responsible for incorrect information for delivery. Many departments use PO Boxes. Double check the mailing address.
- One purchase includes 2 decals, one for the front plate one for the back plate.